English Ivy 'Chicago' (Hedera Helix)
$20.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 60cm for POT SIZE 14cm(Ø)
- Hedera helix, the common ivy, English Ivy, European ivy, or just ivy, is a species of flowering plant in the family Araliaceae, native to most of Europe and western Asia.
- A rampant, clinging evergreen vine, it is a familiar sight in gardens, waste spaces, on walls, tree trunks, and in wild areas across its native habitat.
- The plant grows in any commercial potting mix, provided its container has a drainage hole.
- You can fertilize your ivy monthly during the growing season, but withhold feeding if the plant stops growing during the summer or in winter.
- Use a balanced, 10-10-10 formula, diluted to half-strength or 1/4 teaspoon per 2 gallons, but also check the package label for additional directions.
- The best spot for an indoor-grown variegated ivy is one that gets bright, indirect light, such as 1 or 2 feet from a west- or south-facing window.
- The plant can also grow in low- to medium-light conditions, or under artificial lights, but its growth may slow and its leaves may become more uniformly green.
- A variegated ivy thrives when its soil is moistened thoroughly, then the top 1/2 inch of soil is allowed to dry to the touch before the next watering.
- Placing its pot on a tray of moistened pebbles or misting the plant every day or two can help increase humidity and keep it growing well.