Jujube - Pokok Bidara (Ziziphus Mauritian)
$28.04 incl. GST
- ⇒ Fruits are seasonal.
- ⇒ The picture shown is for reference only.
- ⇒ Pot size APPROXIMATELY 20cm(Ø) x 18cm(H) x 90cm(Overall Height)
- Ziziphus mauritiana, also known as Chinese date, Chinee apple, Indian plum, Indian jujube, and dunks is a tropical fruit tree species belonging to the family Rhamnaceae.
- Jujube is a small deciduous tree or shrub reaching a height of 5–12 meters (16–39 ft), usually with thorny branches.
- From inducing sleep to ensuring a healthy gut, these little jujubes are a perfect dose of nutrition.
- Here are 5 amazing health benefits of the fruit:
- These minerals are important in regulating the blood flow in the body.
- It prevents early signs of aging and helps in brightening and clearing out the dull skin.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that can provide relief and reduce swelling in the joints.
- If you are someone who has chronic gastrointestinal issues, then snacking on ber can give your tummy a long-term relief.
- It helps in treating anxiety and functions as a natural sleep inducer by relaxing your mind and body.
- Jujubes tolerate many types of soils, but prefer sandy, well-drained soil and do less well in heavy, poorly drained soil.
- They are able to grow in soils with high salinity or high alkalinity.
- Don't fertilize jujubes at planting time, but apply 1 cup of 8-8-8 fertilizer each subsequent spring to the soil under the tree's canopy.
- Water jujube trees every few days immediately after planting until the trees become established.
- Mature trees need infrequent watering – perhaps once per month during dry conditions.
- Jujubes do best in warm, dry climates.
- Full sun.
- Deeply Water newly jujube trees weekly (1 x / week) during the cooler early spring and fall seasons, and 2 – 3 times per week during the hot summer season.
- Deciduous plants go dormant (lose their leaves) in the winter, therefore watering should be stopped.