Papaya (Carica Papaya)
$35.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 90cm for Pot Size 26cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- The papaya, papaw, or pawpaw is the plant Carica papaya, one of the 22 accepted species in the genus Carica of the family Caricaceae.
- Its origin is in the tropics of the Americas, perhaps from Central America and southern Mexico.
- Papayas do best in rich soil that is high in organic matter.
- Harvesting: Generally, the fruit is picked when there is a 1/5 to 1/3 color change in the fruit.
- Once plants are seven to eight months old, fertilize the papayas every other month with 1 to 2 pounds of 12-12-12 balanced fertilizer per plant, working it into the top layers of soil out past the drip line and then watering the trees well.
- It grows best in full sun.
- Papayas need plenty of water to grow tasty fruit, but the plants do not tolerate wet feet.
- To avoid overwatering the papaya, water deeply only when the top 1 inch of soil dries.