Golden Papaya (Carica papaya)
$35.51 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 45cm-55cm.
- ⇒ Fruits are seasonal.
- ⇒ The picture shown is for reference only.
- Papayas are not a natural houseplant—which is precisely why you might consider growing them.
- The plants themselves are beautiful and highly tropical.
- Papayas feature wide, deeply lobed leaves atop a fleshy trunk.
- Papaya is a very fast-growing plant, and in nature, it quickly assumes its adult size and bears fruit.
- Indoors, it won't be practical to grow 15-foot tall papaya to fruiting (and unless you had both male and female plants, it wouldn't be fertilized, so there'd be no fruit anyway).
- But that doesn't mean you shouldn't grow these fantastical plants.
- It just means you won't be eating them.
- A loose, well-drained, very rich potting mix.
- Fertilize abundantly.
- Papayas are very rapidly growing herbaceous plants that consume fertilizer.
- Full sun, or as bright as you can provide.
- Papayas are also a great patio plant for summer climates and will grow very fast.
- As the plant grows, expect to water daily.