Strawberry Plant (Fragaria ananassa)
$14.02 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 30cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- The garden strawberry is a widely grown hybrid species of the genus Fragaria, collectively known as the strawberries, which are cultivated worldwide for their fruit.
- The fruit is widely appreciated for its characteristic aroma, bright red color, juicy texture, and sweetness.
- Homegrown strawberries are far more flavorful than what you’ll ever find in a grocery store.
- Compost is another key to growing a strawberry patch that produces big, sweet berries.
- Make sure that the soil has been fully amended with good compost/composted manure and a good drainage pot.
- Use a commercial 10-10-10 food or, if you are growing organically, any of a number of organic fertilizers will do.
- Full Sun.
- Water adequately, about one inch per week.
- Strawberry plants need a lot of water when the runners and flowers are developing and again in the fall when the plants are mature.