Jacaranda Mimosifolia (JAPAN)
$68.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 50cm for POT SIZE 15cm(Ø)
- Jacaranda mimosifolia is a sub-tropical tree native to south-central South America that has been widely planted elsewhere because of its attractive and long-lasting violet-colored flowers.
- It is also known as the jacaranda, blue jacaranda, black poui, Nupur, or fern tree.
- It thrives in well-drained, sandy soil with a slightly acidic pH level.
- They will tolerate clay or loam soils, but nothing that retains plenty of moisture or could be considered heavy.
- You only need to feed it once a year and if you give it too much nitrogen, your tree may not bloom.
- An application of a slow-release 10-10-10 fertilizer in early spring.
- Full sun.
- It makes an excellent shade (or street) tree with its fern-like leaves that can grow up to 20 inches in length.
- Water when the top three to four inches of soil feels dry to the touch.
- These plants need consistent moisture throughout the year and often require additional watering during high heat or drought periods.
- Water the area around the plant's base.