Cactaceae Epiphyllum (JAPAN)
$38.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers at the time of order/delivery.
- The color of the FLOWER in the image is for illustration only and may be subject to change due to availability.
- A variety of colors are available but due to stock availability, selection of your preferred color is not available.
- However, we will select the BEST POT for you!
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 48cm for POT SIZE 12cm(Ø)
- Epiphyllum is a genus of over a dozen cactus plants, many of which are epiphytic, meaning they use other plants (like trees) as hosts.
- Common names for the epiphyllum plant include the leaf cactus, the epiphyllum cactus, and the orchid cactus, due to its characteristically bright and beautiful flowers.
- A tropical succulent with a beautifully ephemeral bloom, “epi” is a great candidate if you’re looking for houseplants to fill a hanging basket.
- With proper care, you’ll see your epiphyllum’s characteristic flowers year after year.
- Standard cactus mix likely isn’t rich enough for your epiphyllum plant.
- Instead, create a soil mix from standard potting mix, peat moss, and some sand.
- The mixture should be light and well-draining, so add perlite if necessary.
- Use a diluted fertilizer of 10-10-10 during the growth periods in spring and fall.
- Full morning sun but shelter from high noon light is best for their growth.
- The rule in raising Epiphyllums is to not let the roots completely dry out.
- Allow the top 1/3 of the soil to dry out before watering.
- Overwatering is the greatest danger in raising these cacti.