CNY Arrangement (2649)
$23.36 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Pot Size APPROXIMATELY 13cm(Ø) x 14cm(H) x 32cm(Overall Height)
- Ardisia crenata is a popular indoor plant most appreciated for its long-lasting bright red berries that are produced in large numbers at the bottom half of the plant.
- When grown in a pot, it reaches a maximum height of only about 90cm (35 inches), with a spread of about 30-38cm (12-15 inches).
- It has glossy, dark green leathery leaves up to 15cm (6 inches) long.
- Thick clusters of star-shaped white or rose-pink flowers are produced usually in early summer.
- These are followed by very decorative shiny berries that are held on nearly horizontal stalks.
- The berries gradually take on a bright red color and normally persist on the plant until the flowering time the following year.
- Perfect for this festive season!
- Ardisia crenata likes deep soil rich with lots of organic matter, but it can also thrive in almost any non-soggy soil.
- Mulch around plants or allow leaves and other debris from overhead trees to fall down naturally around them.
- Provide Ardisia crenata with a bright light at all times with several hours every day of direct sunlight.
- In summer, Ardisia crenata can be moved outdoors on a part shade spot.
- While plants are in active growth, water them plentifully as often as necessary to keep the potting mixture thoroughly moist.
- During the rest period allow the top centimeter or so of the potting mixture to dry out between waterings if the plants are kept at normal room temperature.
- If the temperature can be held below 15°C (59°F), however, water even more sparingly, allowing at least half the potting mixture to dry out between waterings.