Acanthocereus tetragonus (Fairy Castle Cactus)
$18.69 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 20-22cm
- Acanthocereus tetragonus is a species of cactus that is native to Florida and the Lower Rio Grande Valley of Texas in the United States, Mexico, Central America, Caribbean, and northern South America.
- This miniature columnar cactus grows hundreds of green branches.
- As it grows, the branches clump together vertically, forming the turrets of a “fairy castle.”
- While the plant is growing the climbs up vertically merging together creating what seems like turrets.
- These turrets are named ‘fairy castle’.
- Each stalk has five sides; all of these five sides will grow white spines along the long ribs of the plant.
- The Acanthocereus tetragonus ‘Fairy Castle Cactus’ is the most commonly sold indoor cacti.
- Its popularity stands from how easy it is to care for the plant, especially for beginners.
- Fairy Castle Cactus takes years to mature enough to bloom, but the wait is worth it.
- Once the cacti show its bloom, you can expect to see either white or yellow flowers.
- It grows well indoors and is perfect for beginners.
- Suitable for light (sandy), medium (loamy) soils, prefers well-drained soil and can grow in nutritionally poor soil.
- Fertilize with a good cactus fertilizer in spring when growth resumes.
- Feed monthly or with irrigation in a dilution that is half strength.
- It does well in partial sun to partial shade.
- The best way to water your Acanthocereus tetragonus is by watering it thoroughly and then let the plant dry out completely before attempting to water again.