Ulmus Parvifolia (Chinese Elm Bonsai)
$51.40 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 22cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- The Chinese Elm bonsai tree, known as the Ulmus Parvifolia, is one of the most attractive bonsai trees available.
- It is categorized by its beautiful twisting trunk, small green leaves, strong branches, and fine twigs.
- In fact, one of the main attractions of the Chinese Elm bonsai tree is the beautiful contrast between the thick and sturdy tree trunk all the way to the extremely delicate branches.
- They are native to Korea, Japan, and China, and extremely popular, especially amongst beginner bonsai tree enthusiasts.
- The Chinese Elm has no special requirements concerning the soil, but it should be well-drained.
- A standard soil mixture can be used.
- During the growing season, the Chinese Elm should be fed well.
- A combination of solid organic fertilizer and a well-balanced liquid chemical product is a good concept.
- When grown outdoors, the Chinese elm bonsai tree can tolerate full sun in the spring.
- However, it requires some protection during the peak hours of the summer sun.
- The Chinese Elm must be watered generously as soon as the soil gets dry.
- Drought should be avoided as well as permanent wetness.