Black Bamboo (Phyllostachys Nigra)
$280.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 200 - 210cm for Pot Size 13.5cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Phyllostachys nigra, commonly known as, black bamboo, is a species of bamboo, native to Hunan Province of China, and is widely cultivated elsewhere.
- Growing up to 25 m tall by 30 cm broad, it forms clumps of slender arching canes that turn black after two or three seasons.
- Black bamboo plants are considered highly ornamental for their culms, which transition from green to ebony black by the third year of growth.
- Black bamboo is also regarded as being the hardiest of all the bamboo species and the leaves are evergreen, bright green, and lanceolate in shape.
- Black bamboo prefers soil that is characteristically moist and loamy with a soil pH ranging from highly acidic to slightly alkaline.
- Fertilizing is not mandatory for growing black bamboo, but you can opt to do so in mid-late spring with a fertilizer high in nitrogen.
- Black bamboo can grow under varying light conditions, from full sun to partial shade.
- New bamboo plantings should be watered regularly until they are established.