Bamboo Plant (Bambusa spp)
$68.00 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 150cm for Pot Size 31cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Bamboo is attractive and desirable garden plant and will serve you well, as long as you take care of them.
- Keep in mind that there are hundreds of types of bamboo with different genera.
- If you take the time to investigate, you can find one for almost every growing situation.
- If you need bamboo for a shady corner, try Chimonobambusa.
- Bamboo plants also like to have fertile, slightly acidic, well-drained but moist soil.
- Bamboo plants need extra nitrogen in spring, so scatter a high-nitrogen granular fertilizer on the soil according to label directions, watering it in well.
- For the rest of the growing season, a balanced fertilizer that is bamboo-specific or designed for grasses will work fine.
- The amount of light or temperature required for growing bamboo is varied among the different species of bamboo.
- In its natural environment, bamboo can be found growing in the full tropical sun to underneath shady canopies or mountainsides.
- Bamboo does best if it gets at least 1 inch (2.5cm) of water a week, either from rainfall or manual watering.
- Water bamboo deeply to encourage deep roots, which will help protect your bamboo from drought.