Aspidstra Elatior 縞葉蘭 シマ ハ ラン Variegated (JAPAN)
$108.00 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 80cm for Pot Size 17cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Aspidistra Elatior or the Cast Iron Plant belongs to the lily family and is native to China and Japan.
- Once a very popular houseplant, it was a common feature of many a Victorian hallway, although its popularity has faded slightly since this period and is now less common in modern homes.
- It can tolerate a wide range of soils, as long as they have good drainage.
- They however prefer organically rich soil with a slightly acidic to neutral soil pH.
- Outdoors, it can grow in sandy, loamy, and even clay soils.
- For container plants, simply use a standard quality potting mix.
- Fertile soil is vital for a healthy Aspidistra; feed its soil once every four waterings using a 'Houseplant' labeled fertilizer, before reducing this every sixth drink in the autumn and winter.
- Try not to over-feed as their roots are susceptible to burning, especially when over-applied in dry soil.
- Bright, indirect light to a dark, gloomy corner.
- Avoid sitting in full sunlight.
- Low to Moderate Watering Once a week at most.
- Water well and then wait until the soil has almost dried out before watering again.