Alocasia macrorrhizos 'Giant Taro'
$260.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 120cm-125cm
- Alocasia macrorrhizos is a species of flowering plant in the arum family.
- It is native to rainforests of Island Southeast Asia, New Guinea, and Queensland and has long been cultivated in the Philippines, many Pacific islands, and elsewhere in the tropics.
- Keep the soil moist.
- They can also be grown in a well-aerated, moist potting mix growth medium.
- For your own mix try:-
- 50 percent potting soil.
- 20 percent peat moss.
- 20 percent orchid bark with charcoal.
- 10 percent shredded sphagnum moss and a handful of perlite.
- Feed this heavy feeder every three weeks during the warmer months with one half-strength fertilizer with a balanced N-P-K ratio or 20-20-20.
- Plant in full to part shade – a bit of afternoon shade is appreciated.
- When making a site selection keep your plant in an area that has bright indirect light, but not direct sunlight.
- Water the soil well.
- Give the plant extra water during the dry season, aiming for at least 1 inch per week, including rain.