Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla Plant)
$14.02 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 25cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Vanilla planifolia is a species of vanilla orchid and it is native to Mexico and Central America, and is one of the primary sources for vanilla flavoring, due to its high vanillin content.
- Common names are flat-leaved vanilla, and West Indian vanilla (also used for the Pompona vanilla, V. pompona).
- Often, it is simply referred to as "the vanilla" and it was first scientifically named in 1808.
- Vanilla requires soil rich in calcium and potassium and will grow best in well-draining soil.
- Fertilize every two weeks with diluted orchid fertilizer.
- Vanilla plants prefer good bright light but not direct sunlight.
- Water the plant consistently to keep it evenly moist but allow the top two to three inches to dry out between watering.