Brinjal Plant (Solanum Melongena)
$18.00 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 65cm for Pot Size 22cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Eggplant, aubergine, or brinjal is a plant species in the nightshade family Solanaceae.
- Solanum melongena is grown worldwide for its edible fruit.
- Most commonly purple, the spongy, absorbent fruit is used in several cuisines.
- Typically used as a vegetable in cooking, it is a berry by botanical definition.
- As with most garden vegetables, they do well in well-drained, fertile loam with a pH of 5.8 to 7.0.
- Mix several inches of organic compost or aged animal manure into the upper 4-8 inches of soil before planting.
- A balanced fertilizer (10-10-10) is often recommended for eggplant.
- Keep the container at any location that gets at least 6 to 7 hours of sunlight.
- Sunlight is very essential for the eggplants as it promotes the growth of the plant.
- In summer, plants should be watered even thrice a day as per water requirements.
- You check the moisture levels by popping the fingers into the soil.