Platycerium Bifuratum 'Netherlands' (Staghorn Fern)
$46.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 18cm for Pot Size 18cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Platycerium bifurcatum, the elkhorn fern or common staghorn fern, is a species of fern native to Java, New Guinea, and eastern Australia, in New South Wales, Queensland, and on Lord Howe Island. It is a bracket epiphyte occurring in and near rainforests.
- Being an epiphyte means that they do not require soil to grow and instead can be grown at home on a variety of different growing mediums.
- Many people choose to mount them on a wooden board or hang it from a wide basket.
- Give your plant a regular fertilizer feeding.
- Using a diluted liquid feed with a 1:1 ratio, you can feed the plant once a month.
- They do best in partial shade and bright, indirect light.
- At home or in your garden, display them in an area protected from direct sunlight, as this will harm the plant.
- In terms of the amount and frequency of watering, the Staghorn Fern does not like to be too wet.
- To avoid overwatering at home, allow the growing medium to become dry between waterings, and only water when the fertile green leaves start to droop.