Peperomia Albovittata 'Rana Verde'
$8.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height was measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 12cm for POT SIZE 8cm(Ø)
- 22cm for POT SIZE 21cm(Ø)
- With lush green leaves and a small, compact body, Peperomia Rana Verde is a hybrid plant, bred by male and female Peperomia Albovittata cultivars, which is why it is often known by its full name “Peperomia Albovittata Rana Verde”.
- Even though it has a very unique structure, it is commonly confused with some other plant species, such as “Piccolo Banda”, “Obtipan” and even its parent plants.
- However, knowing some of its particular features may help you spot it in a botanical crowd.
- For example, Rana Verde has larger leaves than Banda and it has a more compact body and thinner leaves as compared to an Obtipan plant, which is upright and has thicker foliage, and its green upper surface of the leaves distinguishes it from both the parent plants which have slightly different colored leaves.
- They are best grown in a peat-based potting mixture.
- All pots should have a shallow layer of clay-pot fragments or other drainage material in the bottom to promote drainage.
- Apply standard liquid fertilizer once a month at half-strength from mid-spring to autumn only.
- Too much feeding will result in soft, untypical growth and eventually, the plant will collapse.
- The Peperomia needs low to medium, indirect light.
- Avoid direct sunlight as it can burn the leaves.
- Water the plant only when is clearly needed and then very sparingly.
- Allow the potting mixture to dry out almost completely between waterings.