Black Mint (Tagetes Minuta)
$9.35 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with Flowers/Fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 25-30cm
- Mints are perennial herbs with squared, four-sided stems with opposite leaves and small lipped flowers.
- With its bright and sharp flavor, it is one of the easiest herb plants you can grow.
- There’s hope for those who intensely dislike coriander and the Black Mint is the new herb on the block.
- Peruvian Black Mint (Tagetes minuta) is a soft, lacy leaves of this Andean relative of the marigold have a bright, fresh, intensely aromatic fragrance – like a perfect Venn diagram overlap of zesty citrus, cooling peppermint, and fruity pineapple.
- It is sharper and mintier than garden-variety mint, without all that fussy floral stuff on the side.
- It's a mint lover's favorite and is amazing on chilled desserts that could use a little extra flavor, like ice cream, sorbet, cheesecake, and cream pies.
- It thrives in well-drained, moist, rich soil with a pH between 6.0 and 7.0.
- To keep the soil moist, cover the soil with a little mulch.
- Keep the plant in top form by feeding the plants with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizer.
- Direct sunlight or bright shade.
- Keep the soil moist, make sure to deeply water each time but remove excess water so as to not drown the roots.