Bayleaf 月桂叶 (Laurus Nobilis)
$108.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY
- 25cm for Pot Size 9cm(Ø)
- 30cm for Pot Size 12cm(Ø)
- 75cm for Pot Size 16.5cm(Ø)
- 95cm for Pot Size 20cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Bay Laurus, also known as, Laurus nobilis is an aromatic evergreen tree or large shrub with green, glabrous (smooth and hairless) leaves, in the flowering plant family Lauraceae.
- It is native to the Mediterranean region and is used like a bay leaf for seasoning in cooking.
- Its common names include Bay Tree (esp. United Kingdom), 84 bay laurel, sweet bay, true laurel, Grecian laurel, or simply laurel.
- Laurus nobilis figures prominently in classical Greco-Roman culture.
- This tree is not too particular about soil.
- Well-draining soil is important; plant your bay tree at the same depth as it was planted in its original pot.
- Plants in containers need some supplemental fertilizer.
- Feed container-grown bay in the spring and maybe again mid-summer, with a balanced organic fertilizer like fish emulsion and kelp.
- If you grow your bay tree indoors, keep it near a sunny window for the winter.
- Outdoor plants require full sun to partial shade. In areas with hot, dry summers, some afternoon shade is ideal.