Banana Tree (Musa)
$65.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 80-100cm for Pot Size 14cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Musa is one of two or three genera in the family Musaceae; it includes bananas and plantains.
- Around 70 species of Musa are known, with a broad variety of uses.
- Though they grow as high as trees, banana and plantain plants are not woody and their apparent "stem" is made up of the bases of the huge leaf stalks.
- Bananas will grow in most soils, but to thrive, they should be planted in rich, well-drained soil.
- The best possible location would be above an abandoned compost heap.
- Young plants may need as much as ¼ to ½ pounds of fertilizer per month.
- A balanced fertilizer of 8-10-8 (NPK) is recommended.
- Banana plants need plenty of bright light.
- Recommends a south-facing window and a minimum of 4-6 hours of full sunlight per day.
- Bananas need regular watering to sustain the large tropical leaves and produce sweet tasty fruit.
- You should expect to water slowly and deeply every 2 or 3 days during the warmer months.