Fig (Ficus Carica)
$28.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 90cm for Pot Size 26cm(Ø)
- 35cm for Pot Size 14cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Ficus carica is an Asian species of flowering plant in the mulberry family, known as the common fig (or just the fig).
- It is the source of the fruit also called the fig and as such is an important crop in those areas where it is grown commercially.
- Fig plants are cultivated widely both for their fruit and also as ornamental plants.
- It requires cool, well-drained soil.
- It is indifferent to soil type, but development is slower in poor and rocky soil.
- A general-purpose fertilizer with an analysis of 8-8-8 or 10-10-10 is fine.
- It's best to provide fertilizer for fig trees only when the tree shows symptoms of slow growth or pale leaves, but there are a couple of exceptions where fig trees need regular feedings.
- It grows best in full sun (they'll tolerate partial shade in hot summer climates) and well-drained garden soil.
- Before planting, check the potting mix in the pot and water thoroughly if it's dry.
- Water once per week.
- Leave the soil to dry first and then soak once a week.