Belimbing (Averrhoa bilimbi)
$70.09 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- ⇒ Fruits are seasonal.
- ⇒ The picture shown is for reference only.
- Averrhoa bilimbi is a fruit-bearing tree of the genus Averrhoa, family Oxalidaceae.
- It is a close relative of the carambola tree.
- Bilimbi has been widely used in traditional medicine for cough, cold, itches, acne, boils, rheumatism, scurvy, syphilis, diabetes, whooping cough, and hypertension in tropical Asia.
- Leaves are used externally to prevent itching in Thailand.
- They can also be used to cure syphilis when taken internally fresh or fermented.
- It does best in rich, moist, but well-drained soil, it grows and fruits quite well on sand or limestone.
- It is recommended that you fertilize at the same time as you water using a time-released fertilizer 8-3-9 or similar to help your Averrhoa Bilimbi Trees grow and produce a substantial crop.
- These trees are moderate feeders and may require multiple feeding during the growing season.
- It is important to follow the fertilizers labeled instructions as to not burn or kill the tree.
- It prefers bright light and direct sun.
- If possible 12 hours of bright sunlight is best for growth and fruit production though we have gotten remarkable results growing these trees in 30% shade year-round.
- Moderate Water.
- Cannot stand flooding and needs good drainage.