Belimbing (Averrhoa Bilimbi)
$75.00 incl. GST
- ⇒ Fruits are seasonal.
- ⇒ The picture shown is for reference only.
- ⇒ The tree height is APPROXIMATELY 1m.
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Averrhoa bilimbi is a fruit-bearing tree of the genus Averrhoa, family Oxalidaceae.
- Bilimbi has been widely used in traditional medicine for cough, cold, itches, acne, boils, rheumatism, scurvy, syphilis, diabetes, whooping cough, and hypertension in tropical Asia.
- Leaves are used externally to prevent itching in Thailand.
- They can also be used to cure syphilis when taken internally fresh or fermented.
- It does best in rich, moist, but well-drained soil, it grows and fruits quite well on sand or limestone.
- It is recommended that you fertilize at the same time as you water using a time-released fertilizer 8-3-9 or similar to help your Averrhoa Bilimbi Trees grow and produce a substantial crop.
- These trees are moderate feeders and may require multiple feeding during the growing season.
- It prefers bright light and direct sun.
- If possible 12 hours of bright sunlight is best for growth and fruit production though we have gotten remarkable results growing these trees in 30% shade year-round.
- Moderate Water.
- Cannot stand flooding and needs good drainage.