Pineapple Plant (Ananas Comosus)
$38.00 incl. GST
Ship in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 35cm for POT SIZE 11cm(Ø)
- Pineapple (Ananas comosus) is a tropical plant that grows to heights and widths of up to 5 feet.
- The impressive, sword-like leaves reach lengths of 72 inches.
- The fruit grows on stout stems, but only when the plant is at least two years old.
- Thereafter, with proper care, the plants continue to produce fruit for many years.
- Spread 2 to 6 inches of mulch such as shredded bark around the plants to suppress weeds and keep the soil cool and moist.
- Bark also helps maintain the proper soil pH.
- Fertilize young pineapple plants every month, using a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer.
- Mix the fertilizer according to the label directions, and then pour the mixture directly over the plant.
- Pineapples grown outdoors, whether in the ground or in a pot, require full, all-day sunlight to produce the best growth and to eventually fruit.
- A lack of sunlight can slow foliage development and prevent flowering.
- Water pineapple only during long periods of warm, dry weather, as pineapple plants are drought-tolerant plants that may develop rot in soggy soil.
- However, pineapples planted in poorly drained soil benefit from deep watering once every week.