Drynaria Rigidula (Basket Fern)
$68.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 60cm for Pot Size 24cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Drynaria Rigidula Basket fern is a robust, epiphytic fern with a long, creeping rhizome, growing up to 1.5 meters tall.
- It produces two types of annual frond - short, sterile ones up to 35cm tall that remain on the plant for several years and have the main purpose of trapping organic material to provide nutrients for the plant, and taller fertile shoots that produce spores.
- The young fronds are sometimes gathered from the wild for local consumption, whilst the root has medicinal uses.
- A soil mix with good drainage and high organic matter content is recommended for ferns.
- Ferns can be fed with dilute liquid fertilizer of 15–5–15 (15% nitrogen, 5% phosphorous, and 15% potassium) at half the manufacturer's recommended strength once a month, as most ferns do not store nutrients well and they grow in soil with good drainage.
- Fern in a hanging container will generally do well with morning sunlight but needs afternoon shade.
- As a rule, they prefer 1 to 2 inches of water a week, but this also depends on the soil and the growth rate.
- Allow the soil surface to dry out between watering.