Moss Ball Sakura 旭山樱 Asahiyamasakura (JAPAN)
$80.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Holding plate subject to change.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 18cm for SAUCER SIZE 14cm(Ø)
- A cherry blossom is a flower of many trees of the genus Prunus.
- The most well-known species is the Japanese cherry, Prunus serrulata, which is commonly called SAKURA (桜 or 櫻; さくら).
- They are widely distributed, especially in the temperate zone of the Northern Hemisphere including Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Mainland China, Nepal, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Myanmar, Thailand, and West Siberia.
- Along with the chrysanthemum, the cherry blossom is considered the national flower of Japan.
- All varieties of cherry blossom trees produce small, unpalatable fruit or edible cherries.
- Edible cherries generally come from cultivars of the related species Prunus avium and Prunus cerasus.
- This Bonsai Cherry Blossom Tree is a mini-sized flowering spectacle.
- Grown in a moss ball for easy maintenance and is a delightful centerpiece for your home and office.
- Ball moss commonly grows as an epiphyte (non-parasitic plant living on other plants) and favors the shady habitat of interior limbs of live oaks.
- Ball moss derives no nutrients from the tree.
- It lives by absorbing water and nutrients from the atmosphere.
- A low-nitrogen fertilizer such as 5-10-10 in early spring, about a month before bloom.
- Prefers partial sun.
- Keep the moss ball moist.
- You may do so by spraying it with water or putting it on a plate filled with water.