Lagerstroemia Bonsai (Crepe Myrtle)
$35.51 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 12cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- The species commonly used for bonsai is Lagerstroemia communis or Lagerstroemia indica, the Crepe Myrtle.
- L. indica is an upright, deciduous tree with peeling, grey, and brown bark, and small dark-green, opposite leaves to 8cm.
- Each plant has separate male and female flowers; vast numbers appear in Summer clothing the tree is in white, pink, red, or purple depending on the variety.
- Native to the Indian Subcontinent, Southeast Asia, northern Australia, and parts of Oceania, cultivated in warmer climates around the world.
- Soil that comprises two-fifths of organic matter is beneficial to tree growth and flowering.
- Introducing some manure into the soil will fix nitrogen, which helps to promote leaf development and growth.
- Use a liquid fertilizer every two weeks during the growing season.
- You can also apply a solid organic fertilizer.
- Place the tree in full sun which encourages flowering and prevents fungal diseases and insect attacks.
- It prefers humid conditions.
- During the growth period, it needs a lot of water and must not dry out.
- Try to provide sufficient humidity.