Japanese Black Pine (Pinus Thunbergii)
$280.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 32cm for Pot Size 8cm(Ø)
- 42cm for Pot Size 20cm(Ø)
- 50cm for Pot Size 18cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Pinus Thunbergii, also called Japanese Black Pine, Black Pine, and Japanese pine is a pine native to coastal areas of Japan (Kyūshū, Shikoku and Honshū) and South Korea.
- It is called gomsol (곰솔) in Korean, hēisōng (黑松) in Chinese, and kuromatsu (黒松) in Japanese
- Place it in well-drained soil that is acidic or alkaline and sandy, loam or clay.
- The tree also can grow in salty soil, which it readily tolerates; so it can be part of a seaside garden.
- Any general-purpose liquid fertilizer will do fine and is available at most garden centers.
- Suggested fertilizers will be used at half their recommended strength.
- When nightly lows do not dip below 40 degrees, your bonsai should be placed outside, such as on a patio, balcony, terrace, or in a garden.
- Once outside, your bonsai should be positioned where it will receive sufficient sun - morning sun and afternoon shade is best.
- Apply water when the soil appears dry - never allow the soil to become completely dry.
- It is a good idea to use a moisture meter until you get to know the requirements of your bonsai tree.