Alocasia Macrorrhizos 'Giant Taro'
$260.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 120 - 125cm for Pot Size 30cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Alocasia macrorrhizos is a species of flowering plant in the arum family.
- It is native to rainforests of Island Southeast Asia, New Guinea, and Queensland and has long been cultivated in the Philippines, many Pacific islands, and elsewhere in the tropics.
- Keep the soil moist.
- They can also be grown in a well-aerated, moist potting mix growth medium.
- Feed this heavy feeder every three weeks during the warmer months with one half-strength fertilizer with a balanced N-P-K ratio or 20-20-20.
- Plant in full to part shade – a bit of afternoon shade is appreciated.
- When making a site selection keep your plant in an area that has bright indirect light, but not direct sunlight.
- Water the soil well.
- Give the plant extra water during the dry season, aiming for at least 1 inch per week, including rain.