Leca Chip (Usagi)
$4.21 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Grain Size: 10-16mm
- Leca stands for Lightweight expanded clay aggregate.
- In layman's terms, this means that you have baked clay balls that can soak up a little water and they expand when they're soaking up the water.
- The water that's soaked up in the clay balls can be used to water plants.
- However, unlike soil, Leca is just a collection of clay balls and doesn't contain any nutrients.
- All they do is soak up a little water and expand accordingly. Any nutrients your plants need, you need to add into the water.
- It's easier to properly water your plants.
- The risks of getting pests are reduced.
- You can create a raised bottom and raise your plants' roots from the bottom of the pot.
- You can add your water until it's just under the roots of the plants.
- Your plants will now be able to choose for themselves how much water they want.
- Because they're not sitting in water at all times, like often the case when using soil, they can sip on the water that has been soaked into the clay balls.
- If your plants are really thirsty, they will start to grow towards the water that's in the bottom of the pot and drink directly from that.