Diatomite Rock (Usagi)
$5.61 incl. GST
- Diatomite Rock is a naturally mined mineral composed entirely of the skeletal remains of trillions of microscopic, unicellular plankton called diatoms.
- The porous aggregate particles wet rapidly and will absorb greater than 100% of their own weight in water, which they freely release to the surrounding soil and plant roots.
- It is Non-toxic and contains Silica.
- Diatomite protects against rot, and can slowly release silica to orchids that love it.
- It is often used as a component in other orchid media.
- With an ideal particle size of 10 mm - 25 mm, Diatomite Rock acts as a water and nutrient reservoir for plant roots enabling them to withstand common environmental stresses, such as drought and temperature extremes, more easily.
- Indefinitely stable and non-compactable, Diatomite Rock permanently improves the structure, drainage, and oxygen exchange of heavy soils and horticultural growing media.
- Increase the Water Holding Capacity of Your Soil.
- Prevents Water Retention & rotting of roots.
- Slowly releases moisture to the root system.
- Enhances Bloom of Orchids.
- Doesn't decompose.
- Ideal for potting mixes.
- Mix 2 parts Diatomite Rock & 1 Part Coconut Husk Chips.
- Suitable to use for Orchids Culture, Bonsai, Bromeliads, Anthuriums, and any other plant that thrives in a bark, rock wool, or clay medium.