Kiryu Zuna Volcanic Sand - 桐生砂 (Setogahara)
$42.06 incl. GST
- Kiryu Zuna Volcanic Sand is a kind of volcanic sand that contains a large amount of iron oxide and is heavier than red jade soil.
- The color is yellow and red, and it is hard stone sand.
- It is different from river sand and when pinched, the surface layer will also have some soil debris peeled off.
- After all, it is produced by volcanoes, unlike river sand that has been washed by water for a long time.
- In addition, because the sand is hard and not easy to crush, it is suitable for succulents that do not like to change pots.
- It can improve the drainage of cultivated soil, such as red jade soil and deer swamp soil.
- It is suitable for conifer, juniper, and pine trees, although it can be used for other species too.
- For juniper and pines, it is recommended by mixing Akadama earth with 25 percent, or a quarter, of Kiryu Zuna sand.