Kanuma Soil 鹿沼土 (Japan)
$45.00 incl. GST
- Kanuma is a granular Japanese Potting Medium for Ericaceous (Acid Loving) Bonsai.
- This particular material comes from the Kanuma Area of Japan which is basically the center of Azalea Bonsai Growing.
- Again, you must understand as with Akadama, that this is the stuff that the Japanese have out in their back yards ... it's their "dirt."
- Kanuma facilitates fine hair root growth.
- It retains moisture and can absorb more water than its weight and yet allows for air space.
- It's PH varies from 5.2 to 5.5.
- Both Akadama and Kanuma simplify the repotting chores since roots are fibrous rather than hard.
- This material is dug out from 10 feet down, allowed to dry, crushed, and then sorted as to grain sizes.
- It is more acidic than Akadama, and therefore, used mainly for Azaleas, Camellias, Gardenias, and other acid-loving Bonsai.