Zamioculcas Zamiifolia 金钱树 (Zanzibar Gem)
$35.51 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with Flowers/Fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 65-70cm
- Zamioculcas is a genus of flowering plants in the family Araceae, containing the single species Zamioculcas zamiifolia.
- It is a tropical perennial plant native to eastern Africa, from southern Kenya to northeastern South Africa.
- It is a rhizome plant that's a real joy to grow and to have displayed within a home.
- It is a plant that grows similar to tree plants or palms and has stems with many leaves growing from these stems.
- The leaves are a fleshy type that is only a couple of inches in length and an inch or so wide.
- Some of these stems from the same plant grow straight up and then others arch over, which may encourage you to prune odd-looking stems to keep the plant looking full and shaped well.
- Most well-draining potting mixes will suffice that contain a high amount of perlite or sand within the mix
- You can add more perlite or sand if needed to a mix that is bought.
- Good drainage holes at the bottom of the pot are essential.
- During the main growing season (April – August) feed with a balanced liquid fertilizer which is diluted, once a month.
- It will survive in very low light conditions.
- That's why it is suitable for use in the office or even in poorly lit rooms like bathrooms.
- However, for it to thrive and grow, put it in a very well-lit place while avoiding direct sunlight.
- Allow the soil to become dry at the top to the touch between watering and do not overwater.
- It’s best to water this plant less than too much because over-watering can cause stem and rhizome rot.