Zamioculcas Zamiifolia Raven Black (Zanzibar Gem)
$35.51 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Zamioculcas zamiifolia ‘Raven’, also known as ZZ plant is an easy-to-grow houseplant that thrives in just about any indoor setting.
- Raven ZZ plant features rich purple-black leaves that emerge as a rich green color before they mature.
- It tolerates inconsistent watering; low, medium, or bright light spots; and holds up well in low humidity.
- Unlike other dark foliage plants, it doesn’t need strong light to achieve the dark foliage color.
- Most well-draining potting mixes will suffice that contain a high amount of perlite or sand within the mix (you can add more perlite or sand if needed to a mix that is bought).
- Good drainage holes at the bottom of the pot are essential.
- During the main growing season (April – August) feed with a balanced liquid fertilizer which is diluted, once a month.
- Zamioculcas Raven will survive in very low light conditions.
- That's why it is suitable for use in the office or even in poorly lit rooms like bathrooms.
- However, for it to thrive and grow, put it in a very well-lit place while avoiding direct sunlight.
- Allow the soil to become dry at the top to the touch between watering and do not overwater.
- It’s best to water this plant less than too much because over-watering can cause stem and rhizome rot.