Tradescantia Zebrina 'Red Gem' (Wandering Jew)
$6.00 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 18cm for Pot Size 8cm(Ø)
- 30cm for Pot Size 15cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Tradescantia is a genus of 75 species of herbaceous perennial wildflowers in the family Commelinaceae.
- It is native to the New World from southern Canada to northern Argentina, including the West Indies.
- Members of the genus are known by the common names wandering Jew or spiderwort.
- Standard houseplant potting mix but will do even better if you give them soil that has more organic matter.
- Allow good draining ability.
- Use a water-soluble fertilizer at least twice a month during the growing season.
- Be sure to dilute it down to 50% strength to avoid nutrient burn on the foliage.
- It thrives in bright but indirect sunlight.
- The brighter the light you provide your wandering jew plant, the more flowers it will produce.
- Keeping the soil evenly moist is the best.
- You’ll know it’s ready for more water when the soil is dry to at least 1/2″ deep.