Tillandsia flexuosa (Airplant)
$79.44 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 100cm
The plant comes with a plant wire
- Tillandsia flexuosa, the twisted air plant, is a species of bromeliad in the genus Tillandsia.
- This species is native to Central America, southeastern Mexico, northern South America, and the United States.
- This plant has green/grey, large, rigid leaves.
- It grows well mounted or potted in a loose, well-draining potting mix.
- Use a low-nitrogen bromeliad fertilizer.
- Low-nitrogen fertilizers are best for air plants because it helps encourage blooming and offset production in Tillandsia.
- It's also very important to use non-urea-based nitrogen fertilizer, as this will provide nitrogen that is usable for Tillandsia.
- Urea based nitrogen uses bacteria in the soil to convert the nitrogen to a usable form for plants, and because Tillandsia is not planted in soil, they are unable to process this type of nitrogen.
- It prefers bright indirect sunlight and water at least once a week.
- Shake out any excess water from its leaves, and allow it to dry completely before putting it back in its place.
- Soak your Tillandsia Flexuosa once or twice a week in a bowl of water for 10 minutes each time.
- You can also mist your plant with a spray bottle 3-4 times a week if it needs more water between the soakings.