Tillandsia Usneoides (Spanish Moss)
$9.35 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 32cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- The name “Spanish moss” actually originated as “Spanish beard”.
- Native American tribal people called it “itla-okla”, which meant “tree hair”.
- Over time, Spanish beard became Spanish moss, what it’s most commonly known as today.
- The Polynesians occasionally refer to Spanish moss as “Kali’s hair”, and throughout its natural environment, it’s still called “tree hair”, simply because it resembles hair so much!
- Does not require soil.
- Use a bromeliad mix (air plants are in the bromeliad family).
- Don’t overdo it—plants can burn from too much fertilizer.
- Bright filtered or indirect light is ideal for indoor air plants.
- Some direct sun works, too (morning is better), but they shouldn’t be baking all day.
- Every one to two weeks, soak your air plant in room temperature tap water (or rain/pond water if you can find it) for 5-10 minutes.
- After soaking gently shake excess water from your plant.