Thaumatococcus Daniellii (Sweet Prayer Plant)
$28.00 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 120-13cm for Pot Size 39cm (Ø)
- 210-220cm for Pot Size 39cm(Ø)
- 85-95cmor Pot Size 30cm (Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Thaumatococcus daniellii, otherwise known as Sweet Prayer Plant, is native to the western part of Africa, from Sierra Leone to Zaire.
- It is a large flowering herb with rhizomatous rootstock, growing about 4 m in height. It is a natural source of thaumatin, a low-calorie sweetener and flavor modifier protein.
- The leaves are ovateelliptic, large, and papery.
- The flowers are purple which occurs singly or in branched spikes.
- The leaves, on the other hand, are used for wrapping foods and for boiling foods.
- Suitable for medium (loamy) and heavy (clay) soils and prefers well-drained soil.
- Suitable pH: acid and neutral soils and can grow in very acid soils.
- It can grow in full shade (deep woodland) semi-shade (light woodland) or no shade.
- It prefers moist soil.
- Feed with slow-release pellets or liquid fertilizer once a month.
- Partial to full direct sunlight.
- Water when the soil feels dry to the touch.
- Keep soil moist and not waterlogged.