Strelitzia Juncea 極楽鳥 ゴクラクチョウカ属 Bird of Paradise (JAPAN)
$395.00 incl. GST
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 120cm for Pot Size 23cm(Ø)
- 160cm for Pot Size 28cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Strelitzia Juncea, the rush-leaved strelitzia or narrow-leaved bird of paradise, is a monocotyledonous flowering plant that is indigenous to South Africa.
- This drought-resistant Strelitzia occurs sparingly near Uitenhage, Patensie, and just north of Port Elizabeth.
- A slow-growing, highly sought after, drought-resistant plant with grey-green, tall, rush-like leaf stalks.
- As younger plants, they look very similar to Strelitzia reginae but as they age the paddle or leaf, grows smaller and disappears, and they grow into the rush or reed stage.
- It bears the same striking orange and purple bird-like flowers as Strelitzia reginae.
- It will produce its best growth in fertile, well-draining soil that has been enhanced with organic matter such as well-rotted manure or compost.
- You can also apply liquid fertilizer into the soil before planting, according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Fertilize once a month with an all-purpose liquid feed.
- It can handle light levels from direct sunlight to low indirect light.
- It will flourish in a sunny spot.
- Keep the soil moist, but not soggy during the spring through fall.