$10.00 incl. GST
Ship in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 13cm for POT SIZE 8cm(Ø)
- Euphorbia alluaudii, commonly known as Alluaud's Euphorbia, is a distinctive and visually striking succulent.
- It belongs to the Euphorbiaceae family and is native to Madagascar.
- The plant is known for its unique architectural form, featuring tall, columnar stems with segmented branches.
- Alluaud's Euphorbia can grow to an impressive height of about 6 to 12 feet (1.8 to 3.6 meters), making it an attention-grabbing focal point.
- The stems are green and cylindrical, often with noticeable ridges and angles.
- Euphorbia alluaudii produces small, inconspicuous greenish-yellow flowers that cluster near the tips of its stems.
- The plant's spines are modified leaves that form along the edges of the ridges, adding to its striking appearance.
- It is well-suited for xeriscaping and desert-themed gardens due to its drought-tolerant nature.
- Alluaud's Euphorbia prefers full sun to partial shade and well-draining soil for optimal growth.
- The plant is low-maintenance and can tolerate dry conditions, but it's essential to provide some protection from extreme cold.
- Its unique form and architectural presence make Euphorbia alluaudii a captivating addition to succulent collections, rock gardens, and landscapes.
- Use a well-draining cactus or succulent potting mix.
- You can also create a mix using regular potting soil, perlite, and sand for improved drainage.
- Make sure the pot has drainage holes to prevent waterlogging.
- Use a diluted, balanced, liquid succulent fertilizer.
- Apply the fertilizer during the growing season (spring and summer) about once every 4-6 weeks.
- Avoid over-fertilization, as Euphorbia alluaudii prefers slightly lean conditions.
- Provide bright, indirect sunlight for optimal growth.
- Euphorbia alluaudii can tolerate some direct sunlight, but avoid intense, prolonged exposure.
- Place the plant near a south or west-facing window with filtered light, or provide shade during the hottest part of the day.
- Allow the soil to dry out between waterings.
- Water thoroughly but infrequently, about once every 2-3 weeks during the growing season.
- Reduce watering frequency during the dormant winter months when the plant's growth slows down.