Agave Americana 'Marginata'
$15.00 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 15cm for Pot Size 13cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Agave is a genus of monocots native to the hot and arid regions of the Americas, although some Agave species are also native to tropical areas of South America.
- The genus Agave is primarily known for its succulent and xerophytic species that typically form large rosettes of strong, fleshy leaves.
- Soils low in clay content are fine and the texture can be sandy or rocky.
- In areas with substantial rainfall, well-drained soil is necessary.
- Since fertilizing them may encourage them to bloom, fertilizing agave may lead to the premature death of an otherwise attractive plant.
- If you do fertilize them, it should be with a well-balanced soluble fertilizer sprinkled cautiously at the base of the plant early in the growing season and watered in.
- Agaves are sun worshippers, though light shade for a couple of hours is acceptable.
- Until established, water once or twice a week.
- Eventually, agaves prefer to dry out between each watering.