Lucky Bamboo 富貴竹 'CURLY' (Dracaena Sanderiana)
$24.00 incl. GST
Ship in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- The “Lucky Bamboo Plant” really isn’t bamboo even though it may resemble one.
- It comes from the Dracaena family and is the species Dracaena Sanderiana.
- Also known as Lucky Bamboo, Ribbon Dracaena, Ribbon Plant, Belgian Evergreen, Chinese Water Bamboo, Friendship Bamboo, Water Bamboo.
- It is a popular Feng Shui plant and can be grown hydroponically or in soil.
- They make a wonderful gift for a home or office, everyone loves the unusual look, combined with easy care and long-lasting display.
- Bright indirect light.
- Too much direct sunlight can cause the leaves to burn.
- Lack of light will cause weak growth, stretching, and poor color.
- Low light conditions will, also, cause stunted growth and inhibit new leaf growth.
- The light requirements are the same whether grown in water or in soil.
- Dracaena Sanderiana needs moderate temperature.
- Normal household temperatures are fine at 16-24°C (60-75°F).
- However, placing it next to an air vent or a door can cause problems due to rapid temperature changes.
- DRACAENA SANDERIANA GROWN IN WATER.
- Grown in water is known under the common name Lucky Bamboo.
- Erect, bright green, cane-like stem with terminal, corkscrew twist-bearing shoots of small, lance-shaped, parallel-veined, green leaves.
- The water level should be at least 5cm (2 in).
- Make sure the roots are covered with water; add water to keep the water level constant.
- Every couple of weeks change the water completely.
- Mist the leaves every couple of days if the lack of humidity is a problem.
- Fertilize the plant every couple of months.
- A diluted (tenth of the normal strength) water-soluble houseplant fertilizer.
- The best time to fertilize is when you change the water.