Nematanthus (Goldfish Plant)
$11.21 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 25cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Nematanthus is a genus of flowering plants in the family Gesneriaceae.
- Goldfish plants have hundreds of small, thick, shiny, dark green leaves and colorful flowers that resemble tiny goldfish.
- The flowers may be red, orange, or yellow.
- Goldfish plants are easy to care for, drought-resistant, and with proper care bloom on and off all year.
- Plant it in a rich, fertile, well-draining soil that retains moisture.
- A commercial potting soil specially mixed for African violets works well for the goldfish plant.
- Feed them with a high-phosphorous liquid fertilizer, such as 10-30-10, diluted to half the recommended strength from the spring through the fall.
- Allow it to dry out almost completely in the winter while they prepare to bloom and stop feeding the plants.
- They survive in low light but thrive in bright filtered light.
- Keep peace lilies out of the direct sun so they don't sunburn.
- Plant it in potting soil that contains peat moss.
- In the spring, summer and fall, allow the soil to dry down to a depth of 2 inches between waterings.