Peperomia Polybotrya (Raindrop Peperomia)
$15.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 30cm for Pot Size 14cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Pilea Polybotrya is a quirky plant with 'raindrop' shaped leaves that are strangely rare in some places and abundant in others.
- Also known as Peperomia polybotrya, also known as Coin-Leaf Peperomia or Raindrop Peperomia, is a delightful addition to your houseplant collection.
- The glossy green, thick, heart-shaped leaves are beautiful and the plant remains pretty compact so it is great for smaller spaces.
- Brought to Norway from Yunnan, the "Chinese Money Plant" spread across Scandinavia like wildfire simply by cuttings given amongst amateur plant enthusiasts.
- When potting the plant, use a houseplant potting mix (African Violet mix works well) to ensure the soil has good drainage.
- Another option is a mixture of 50% peat moss and 50% perlite.
- Add a balanced liquid fertilizer once per month during the warmer months.
- In the winter, limit the watering and stop fertilizing.
- When grown indoors, place Peperomia Polybotrya near a window with bright light.
- However, avoid direct afternoon sunlight, which may burn the leaves.
- During the spring and summer, thoroughly water plants and allow the soil to dry between watering.
- To avoid overwatering, stick one finger in the soil. If the soil is dry, water the plant.