Licuala Orbicularis (Parasol Palm)
$168.22 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers at the time of order/delivery.
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 50cm
- Licuala orbicularis is a species of palm in the genus Licuala.
- It is endemic to the island of Borneo
- Licuala orbicularis makes the common Licuala grandis look like a cabbage may be an exaggeration, but when you have seen this fabulous species, it's the only one you'll want to grow.
- The leaves are large, simple, circular in outline, quite flat, and just stunning.
- The people in this palm's natural habitat of Sarawak find them so fashionable that they cut the leaves to use as temporary umbrellas, and then throw them away as soon as the rain stops.
- Rather tropical in their requirements, they make excellent potted plants in less favorable climates, and thrive in rich and moist soil, with humidity in the air.
- Grows best in well-drained but moist, rich organic mixed soil.
- Fertilize sparingly at least 6 inches away from the base, tri-annually with a slow time release 15 – 5–10.
- Unfertilized they will tend to grow slowly.
- It prefers to grow in partial sunlight and full shade.
- Avoid exposing them to direct sunlight.
- Direct sunlight will turn the leaves brown.
- Regular watering but do not overwater.
- Allowed to plant soil to dry out a little more in the winter than in the summer.