Lady Palm (Rhapis excelxa)
$51.40 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 160-170cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Rhapis excelsa, also known as broadleaf lady palm or bamboo palm, is a species of fan palm in the genus Rhapis, probably native to southern China and Taiwan.
- It is not known in the wild; all known plants come from cultivated groups in China.
- It will grow in almost any well-drained soil but prefer a soil mixture similar to a mix used for African violet care.
- Soil density should be firm and allow water to slowly filter through.
- African violet potting mix is ideal for growing lady palms.
- Feed them only in summer using half-strength liquid houseplant fertilizer.
- Lady palms can thrive in any kind of light from shade to full sunlight.
- The best results will likely be found in full, but indirect sunlight.
- It should be thoroughly watered by soaking or drenching the entire root system.
- They like their soil to stay moist.