Garden Marigold (Tagetes)
$9.35 incl. GST
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 35cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers at the time of order/delivery.
- The color of the PLANT/FLOWER in the image is for illustration only and may be subject to change due to availability.
- A variety of colors are available but due to stock availability, selection of your preferred color is not available.
- However, we will select the BEST POT for you!
- Tagetes is a genus of annual or perennial, mostly herbaceous plants in the sunflower family Asteraceae.
- They are among several groups of plants known in English as marigolds.
- Marigolds are a favorite, no-fuss annual that can bring the color of sunshine to your garden, as well as butterflies, bees, ladybugs, and other beneficial insects.
- Marigold is adaptable to different types of soil conditions and thus can be grown successfully in a wide variety of soils.
- However, a deep, fertile, friable soil having good water holding capacity, well-drained, and nearer to neutral in reaction (pH 7.0 – 7.5) is most desirable.
- A complete fertilizer with NPK 15-15-15 is ideal.
- Most thrive in full sun, taking hot, sunny exposures in stride.
- Marigolds can even handle the reflected heat and light of paved surfaces as long as they get regular moisture.
- However, marigolds will tolerate up to 20% shade if there is bright light the rest of the day.
- Give them enough water so that the soil is moist to a depth of 6 to 8 inches.
- If the weather is unusually hot or windy, they'll need extra water.
- Water marigolds in pots when the top 1 to 2 inches of soil is dry.