- Schefflera arboricola is a flowering plant in the family Araliaceae, native to Taiwan as well as Hainan.
- Its common name is dwarf umbrella tree, as it appears to be a smaller version of the umbrella tree, Schefflera actinophylla.
- A peat moss-based potting mix with 2 parts peat moss and 1 part perlite is suggested.
- I would not go over the top with feeding this plant and just use a diluted fertilizer once a month from spring-fall.
- Basic light condition of bright without direct sunlight is best suited, although lower lighting conditions only really affect it's growth rate rather than causing any harm.
- The best advice is to water once the topsoil becomes dry.
- Over-watering is more of a problem than lack of water.