Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 35-38cm
- This Madagascar native is related to the Vinca species, known for its true-blue flowers.
- There is a resemblance, but this tropical relative has a beauty all its own.
- This shrubby plant has upright stems densely covered with shiny, dark-green oval leaves, which feature prominent light-green midribs.
- Star-shaped periwinkle flowers are small -- only 1 in (2.5 cm) across, but they cover the plant in abundance if given enough light.
- Flowers are typically pink with a deep-pink throat. You may also find them in white or pale lavender.
Use a fast-draining potting mix. You can use an all-purpose mix and add a little perlite.
Feed every 2 weeks with a balanced water-soluble fertilizer diluted by half while the plant is growing and flowering.
- Bright light with some direct sunlight.
- Plants that don't get enough light will grow tall and leggy, with few blooms.
- Moving it outdoors for the summer may be just the solution.
- Keep soil evenly moist.
- Use a pot with drainage holes to prevent soggy soil.